1/2 kg raw mango
1 t red chilli powder
400 g sugar
1/4 t black pepper
1 black cardamom
1/2 t glacial acetic acid
- Wash and remove the skin.grate the mangoes
- Coarsely the spices(black papper,black cardamom,cinnamon,cloves)
- Heat a pan cook the grated mango them till they are slightly tender.
- Add sugar and continue cooking.
- Add salt,red chilli powder and coarsely ground spices.
- Cook few minutes while stirring frequently till the mixture becomes sufficiently thick.
- Put 1 t in a plate test the desired consistency in plate test .it thick like jam.Remove from fire.
- add glacial acetic acid.
- pour the hot chutney dry sterilized bottles.
- on cooling close their lids and close properly.
- store in a cool place.
Glacial acetic acidhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid