1 cup rice
250 g young small brinjal
4-5 red chilli whole
1/2 t coriander seeds
1/2 t urad dal
1/2 t channa dal
1/4 t asafotia
5-6 cashew nut and raisins
1/4 t mustard seedS
2-3 pinch of turmeric powder
salt to taste
- Boil the rice in plenty of water(add 1/4 t salt and a drop of til oil) till done and drain the extra water.Put rice in a sieve and leave it cool. keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast coriander seeds,red chilli whole,urad dal,channa dal,1 cinnamon and asafotia . Roast a little and remove .Add 1/4 t salt and Grind the masala a powder. .
- Chop the brinjal and onion very small piece,
- Fry the cashew nut and raisin in a little ghee.keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan add muster seeds when they start crackling add the chop onion fry till golden brown and add chop brinjal and add 2-3 pinch of turmeric powder,and pinch of salt fry for few minutes and add the powdered masala ,.Mix well fry for few minutes till the brinjal cooked and tender.do not add water the brinjal cooked only in the oil .Remove from fire .
- Mix well and add in to the boiled rice mix well .cover and keep over a hot tawa for 1-2 minutes in simmer.
- serve hot garnish with dry nuts and fresh coconuts.