2 whole pomfret (approx 1 kg)
1 t red chilli powder
ginger 1 small piece(20- 30 g)
5-8 garlic cloves
1 t ajwain
2-3 T lemon juice
200 g curds
1 t vinegar
1 t garam masala
1/2 t turmeric powder
salt to taste
- Scrape the scales and cut the pomfret on the belly side.
- Clean the inside,cut the fins and tail.wash well and dry .give 3-4 slits crosswise evenly spaced on both sides up to the bone (do not cut the bone)
- Make a paste of 10 g ginger,garlic,1/2 t ajwain(omum)1/2 t salt.1/2 t redchilli powder,and lemon.
- Apply this paste well out side and inside of the fish and leave for half an hour.
- Prepare a mixture of curds ,salt,vinegar,garam masala,turmeric powder, and left over ajwain powder,ginger and garlic paste.And lemon juice.
- Marinate prepared fish in this curd mixture for one hour ,spooning it well inside and inti out side.
- Put on to skewer (through mouth and right through tail) and cook in a tandoor or moderately hot oven till half done.
- Hang to drain out the moisture.
- Brush with fat all over and again put in the tandoor till done all over.
- Serve hot with onion rings.