3 Cup Basan (Bengalgram powder)
5 cup sugar
10 - 15 cashewnuts and raisins
a pinch of saffron
a pinch of pachai karpuram
2-4 green cardamom and a pinch of green cardamom powder.
1/4 tsp kasari powder (orange food colour)
2-3 tsp diamond sugar candy
3-5 tsp ghee
oil for frying
- Heat 1 tsp ghee fried the cashewnuts ,cloves and raisins .keep aside
- Add enough water to the basan powder and make a thick batter .keep aside
- keep 1-2 cup hot water .
- Heat a pan and add 2 cup of water and add to the sugar and make of sugar syrup of single thread like consistency .add kesari powder and mix well.
- Keep this sugar syrup next to the stove .simmer the fire keep on fire.
- Heat another flame heat oil in a deep frying pan .Fold the boondi spoon on the hot oil and pour a hand full ladle of basan batter on it and rup gently it vigorously with the bottom of the ladle. cook until it well cooked don't over cook (it hot and you will make round the laddu it will very hard .so half done and well cooked remove from fire and immediately ).Add to the boondhis to the sugar syrup coateded the sugar syrup and drain and take out the boondi keep on another vassal.
- Like that prepare all boondhies with remaining batter as given above and add the sugar syrup.take it out collect all the boondies anothe vessal,mix well every time. .donot allow the sugar syrup very thick consistency .It became look like thick consistency add little hot water and keep on slow fire.
- Collect all the sugar syrup boondes in a big vessal and add fried cashewnuts, cloves ,raisins, sugar and saffron,ghee,green cardamom ,a pinch of green cardamom powder,a pinch of pachai karpooram.mix well .
- Roll in to small balls of required size.
- At first the laddus may be slightly sticky .so dip your hand on Little milk or apply little milk in your hand.
- After some time the sugar syrup will be completely absorbed by the boondies.