Dry Fish Curry
Dry fish 100 gram (dried Anchovy)
2-4 egg plant
200 gram kabuli channa(chickpea)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp sambar powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 lime size tamarind
few curry leaves
1 green chilli whole
2 -3 tomatoes
salt 1 tsp
- Soak the channa over night OR soak 6-8 hours.
- Soak the tamarind 1 cup of water extract the tamarind juice .keep aside.
- Next day boil the channa in a pressure cooker.
- Chop the onions,tomatoes,egg plant,and green chilli in to small pieces
- Heat big pan add the channa water and add all the vegetable cook till the vegetable cooked .
- Now add all the masala powdered and tamarind juice and channa bring to cook 5 - 10 minutes.If nessery add water.
- Heat oil in a pan add saunf and mathi seeds curry leaves and the dry fish fry for few minutes
- Now add to the gravy keep on simmer till the dry fish cooked add 1/4 cup coconut milk keep few minutes .
- Serve with rice.