1/4 cup Cow peas (karamani -tamil.Tel-Bobbarlu,Hindi-lobia,Marathi-Chavli,other name-Nishapana)
1 green chilli whole
1 lime size tamarind
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
few curry leaves,coriander leaves.
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
- soak the tamarind in 1 cup water and extract the juice and add 1 cup water.
- chopped the onions and tomatoes fine pieces.
- heat a pan and roasted the cow peas for few minutes,little light brown.and put in to the pressure cooker ,boil the cow peas.(2 whistle)
- take the tamarind juice add ,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,few chopped tomatoes,1 green chilli whole,and salt
- heat oil in the pan add muster seeds when they cracked add urad dal ,and add chopped onions fry few minutes when onion browned add the chopped tamotoes fry for few minutes,
- Add the tamarind juice mixture ,Cook for few minutes when it boiled add the cooked cow peas ,simmer the fire keep on another few minutes till the gravy get thick .Garnish with coriander leaves,sprinkle a pinch of garam masala.
- serve with rice or rodi.