2 cup rice
1/2 kg brinjal
20 g cinnamon
8-10 red chilli whole
2-3 t channa dal
1/2 t urad dal
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/2 t mustard seeds
a small piece of asafoetide
10 - 14 cashwenuts
1 cup dry coconut grating
1 lame size tamarind
few coriander leaves
3-4 t gingli oil (til oil)
3-5 t ghee
2 t salt
- Cut the brinjal in to small pieces.
- cook rice separately and keep aside.
- heat 1t ghee fry the cashewnuts and fry for few minutes till it golden brown in colour.keep aside.
- soak the tamarind in a cup of water and extracted the tamarind thic juice
- heat a pan roast cloves,cinnamon,dry whole red chilli,channadal,urad dal and nutmug to a light brown in colour
- cool and add the grated coconut powder and grind it to a powder
- heat gingli oil in a pan add mustard seeds when they started crackling add turmeric and asafoetide fry for few minutes
- now add the brinjal pieces fry few minutes sprinkle little salt and add the chopped coriander leaves .sprinkle little water and cook some time till the brinjal cooked and tender.now add the powered masala .mix well and add salt and tamarind pulp or juice.mix well .cook for few minutes for simmer flame.
- remove from stove and add to the cooked rice add ghee and fryed cashewnut .
- serve hot garnish with fresh coconuts.