1 /2 cup washed moong dal
1 t rice
1 cup milk
50 g jaggery
2 green caradamom
- Heat ghee in a karahi and fry the moong dal and rice lightly for few minutes.
- add water and cook in a presser cooker till the moong dal cook and tender
- remove form fire.
- boil 2 cup water add the boiled moong dal and 1 green cardamom , and simmer for few minutes and cook for sometime on slow fire till the kheer thickens to an even consistency.
- make a jaggery syrup and add to the cooked moong dal and cook for a few minutes stirring constantly. till the kheer get thickens
- remove from fire when the kheer cool add the warm milk stirring well.
- serve hot or cold garnished with shred ed dry nuts and powdered green cardamom.