1 cup suji (200 g)(rava,semolina)
water double the volume of suji
1 small onion or 4-5 baby onion
1 whole green chilli
1whole red chilli
1/4 t mustard seeds
1/2 t urad dal
1/2 t channa dal
1/4 t sugar
1/4 t small piece ginger
salt to taste (1/2 t)
ghee or til oil
few curry leaves
a pinch of hing (asafoetide)
few cashew nuts
- Heat a pan and roast the suji.(keep fire simmer,)Remove and keep aside.
- chop the green chiil ,onion,and ginger.broken the red chilli.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds .when they crackle add the urad dal,channa dal,fry for few minutes and add greenchiili,salt and sugar fry,add hing,broken red chilli .now add the onion fry the onion little and add ginger and curry leaves.mix and stir.
- add the water and bring to boil.when the water boiling add the roasted sujii with constant stirring .simmer the fire close for 1-2 minutes and open and cook till the mass is dry.
- serve garnish with cashwnuts and curry leaves.