500 g chicken drumstick
100 g curds
5-8 garlic cloves
20 g 1 small piece ginger
1 t lemon juice
1 t redchilli powder
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/2 t cumin seed powder
1 t garam masala powder
1/4 t ajwain powder(omum)
1 t salt
2-3 drop of red colour
2 t fat
- Make deep cuts over the chicken quarter.
- Make a paste of salt,turmeric powder,and chilli powder in 1 t water and apply over chicken.
- Grind ginger and garlic to a paste
- take a bowl put the ginger paste,and add cumin seed powder,ajwain powder,red colour,and curd .mix well
- now add the marinate the chicken in the curd mixture.keep for 3-4 hour .
- remove the chicken from the curd mixture and roast it in a tandoor or hot oven till half done
- take out for 5-10 minutes to remove extra moisture.
- BASTE with fat and finish cooking the chicken in tandoor or hot oven.
- sprinkle gram masala and serve hot garnish with onion rings and lemon.
BASTE means to spoon or pour a liquid over foods, usually meat, during cooking or grilling. The liquid may be a marinade, the drippings from the bottom of the pan, or a fat like butter or oils.