1 kg carrots
1 1/4 kg sugar
3/ 4 litre water(750 ml)
3-4 g citric acid
- Select red carrots ,wash and peel them
- Cut in to big pieces
- Prick the carrots with a fork
- Blanch by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes and then dipping in cold water
- Add water and citric to sugar and boil to dissolve the sugar .
- Strain though a muslin cloth
- Add carrot pieces and cook on slow fire till the syrup is of one thread consistency .remove from fire and leave overnight.
- Heat it again on second day and cook till the syrup is again of one -thread consistency.remove from fire.
- Heat again on the third day till the syrup is thicker than one thread consistency.remove from fire.
- Cool and fill in sterilized jars and store.