Onion Spinach Pakoras
100 g Besan
25 g rice powder
salt to taste
1/4 t red chilli powder
a few grains Ajwain
a pinch of asafoetida
100 g of cleaned and chopped spinach or methi leaves
2 onion cut and slice the onion
oil for frying
water approx 4-6 t
- Sieve the besan and rice powder in a bowl,
- make a well in the centre and add the red chilli powder,salt,ajwain,asafoetide.2-3 t oil or fat,chopped spinach and sliced onion .mix well ,and pour the water little by little .mix together and beat well ,the batter shoud not thin or very thick.Keep the batter slightly thick .keep covered for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Heat fat or oil in a karahi to smoking point,and simmer the fire
- fry teaspoonfuls of mixer in slow fire,till the pakoras golden brown in colour ,turning once,
- The pakoras are crisp take them out .
Tips- want more crisp pakoras ,take them out when three quarters fried and fry a few second time just before serving.