1 cup maida(200 g )
1/2 t Ajwain
10 whoke black pepper
or 1 t pepper powder
ghee for fring
oil 2 t
salt to tast
- Shift the maida,add salt,and ajwain (if you want add pepper powder or palak paste,dry mathi powder) and rub in the oil with finger tips,
- And make a stiff dough using little water.
- Cover and keep in cool place for 20 -30 minutes
- Divede the dough in to small balls.
- Roll in to thick round 1=2 inch in diameter.
- Insert one whole black pepper in the centre and prick with fork.
- (using pepper powder ,prick with fork in the centre slightly,otherwise it fry like puree)
- Heat the fat and fry mathris on slow fire till golden brown on both side
- fry all the mathri cool and store tight container.
prepar this 1/2 perper powder and 1/2 t spinach(palak) paste ,add in to the maida.
Prick after rolling to prevent bloatind like pureeies during frying.
fry at low temperature to ensure propper cooking of the inner portion.
100 g rice powder
1/4 red chilli powder
salt to taste
3 t oil
3-4 t peanuts grind coarsly
ghee or fat
Sift the ricepowder and maida .add salt,red chilli powder,coarsly peanuts, and rup in the oil with finger tips,.
- make a stiff dough using water,
- divide the dough in to small balls and make small puree 2 inch thick round in diameter.
- prick in the centre with fork,prick after rolling to prevent like poories.
- heat oil in karahi deep fry the mathri in heated fat over slow fire till golden brown. serve .