500 g small brinjals
salt to taste
2-3 green chiili
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/4 t red chilli powder
1/2 t dhania powder
a pinch of garam masala
sesame oil 3-4 t
2-3 garlic glove
1 small piece ginger
few coriander leaves
1/4 t jeera
1/4 t saunf
- Wash and cut the brinjal lengthwise
- grind ginger,garlic,green chilli.jeera,saunf,and coriander leaves to a paste,
- Grate onion and brown very lightly in 1 t oil and grind to a paste.
- chop the tomatoes very finely
- heat oil in a pan add the grounded mixer green chilli paste fry for few minutes
- and add the onion paste fry for few minute.
- add the chopped tomatoes and cook till softened.
- add turmeric powder,redchilli powder,and coriander powder .mix fry few minutes and add the brinjal ,stir well ,
- add salt and cook in an open for 5 minutes,
- now close the lid of the pan and cook for another 5 minutes .cook on medium fire till the brijal tender.(add a little water if necessary)
- serve hot sprinkle with garammasala and chopped coriander leaves, lemon slices or grated fresh coconut.