yellow mung dal
SPROUT MOONG DAL.
SPROUT MOONG DAL
take 1 cup of whole green gram .
wash and soak for 6-8 hours.drain water .place in a muslin cloth .tie it up and let it remain hung on a kitchen nail for 24 hours or over night .sprinkling water every 3-4 hours.the moog dal will grow small spouts.after 24 hours,keep in fridge.you can use it 2- 4 days.
This green gram whole. is a good protein and carbohydrate food. 100 g moong dal has 10 mg moisture. 4mg iron, 254 mg protein, 56 mg carbohydrates, 124 mg calcium, 325 g phosphorus, 4.1 fibre,3.5 mineral,1mg fat.
100mg moong dal gives 334 mg energy.
When the whole green gram skin is removed, we get the moong dal, which is yellow in colour.
Moong dal (phaseolus aureus roxb).in Hindi it moong dal,Gujarati mag,Kannada hesare kalu,Malayalam -cheru payar parippu,Punjab- mungi di dal,Tamil -payatham parippu or pasiparippu.,Telugu -pesalu,pesara pappu.
Soak the whole green gram overnight. And this sprouted moong dal can be used for making salads,chaats,raitas,pulaos,and fillings for parathas and poli.
WASHED MOOONG DAL ,WITH SPINACH
100 g washed moong dal
100 g spinach chopped
3 cup water
salt to taste
a pinch of turmeric powder .
1 T OIL ANY
1/4 T CUMIN SEEDS
1/4 T GARAM MASALA
1/2 T RED CHILLI POWDER
- Clean and wash the dal
- Add dal and water in a heavy bottom pan
- Add salt and turmeric powder,stir.Bring it to boil and continues cooking on slow fire till tender,well blended and of desired consistency.remove from heat.
- Heat oil ,add cumin seeds,garam masala,and red chilli powder.chopped spinach .mix and fry for 3-5 minutes.pour the baghar over the dal and serve.
Moong dal(yellow) with spinach.
200 g moongdal
200 g spinach or any greeny leaves(pasalai keerai,mulla keerai)
2 green chilli
1 t ginger
2-3 garlic paste
20 g tamarind paste
2 t ghee or oil
1/2 t mustard seeds
1 t urad dal .
1 t channa dal
1/2 feng reek seeds
1 t red chilli powder
1 t coriander powder
1/4 turmeric powder
a ping of hing.
1/4 cup coconut milk
- Roast the dal and soak 1/2 hour.
- Chopped finely onion,green chilli,ginger,garlic.tomato.
- Soak the tamarind in a water and take a tamarind pulp.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker .add jeera, muster seeds it get cracked add uradadl,channadal,feng reek seeds,fry few second add hing,
- Add onion it get brown add green chilli,tomato,fry for few minutes.
- Add all the masala powder and add the leaves fry few minutes
- Add the soaked moongdal with water and add the tamarind pulp.,and salt stir for a minute.
- Closed and pressure cook for 4-5 minutes.check consistency and adjust if necessary.
- Serve hot sprinkled with garam masala or chopped coriander leaves.
Channa dal, or Arhar dal if you use in the place moongdal.
Sprouted moongdal chat
100 g spouted moong dal .
100 g boiled potato
100 g tomato
50 g chopped onion
1/2 t chat masala
salt and pepper powder to taste
- Steam the spouted moong dal till tenter.
- Cut and chopped potato,tomato,cucumber ,onion.
- Mix cooled spouts and all the vegetable in a bowl.And add the salt,chat masala,pepper powder.and lime juice.
- Mix well and serve.
Moong dal sambar.
Moong dal sambar
g100yellow moong dal
40 g brinjal
40 g tomato
2 onion (one finely chopped,one lenth wise)
1/4 t turmaric powder
1/2 t sambar powder
1/4 t feng reek seeds
1/4 t uraddal
1/4 t mustard seeds
2 red chilli whole
20 g tamatind
2 t oil
1/4 t asafoetida(hing)
2 t coconut(fresh)
- Chopped brinjal ,onion,lengwise.Cut and chopped tomato finaly
- pick and wash moong dal .add salt,turmarind powder ,hing a pinch,and cook with water till the dal is soft.
- soak tarmarind in 1/2 cup of water .
- grand the coconut make a paste
- saute brinjal ,and lenth wise onion in 1/2 t of oil.
- add the saute brinjal, the sambar powder. to the dal and also add the tomatoes and the sliced saute onion .continue cooking.
- when the vegetable are cooked ,add the tarmarind pulp.adjust consistency,bring to boil and removed.
- heat the remaining oil add mustard seed.uraddal,when they cracking add asafoetide,and red chilli.
- add one finely choped onion .the onion get brown add curry leaves and add to the cooked moong dal sambar, and coconut paste, mix well keep in slow fire.at few minutes.
- carnish coriander leaves.
- serve hot
MOONG DAL KHEER
Ingredients.50 g wahed moong dal
500 g milk
water 1 cup
1/4 cup suger
- clean and soak dal
- boil the dal in water till the it is tender
- bring to boil add the milk and simmer on slow fire for 15 - 20 minutes with frequent stirring .mash and mix the dal while stirring.
- when it is creamy consistency add the sugar and still till it is dissolved,
- cook that few minutes become creamy again,
- remove from fire add crused green cardamon, powder,
- garnished with almond and raisins,
- serve hot or cold.
Moong dal kheer.-2
60 g whole green gram
1 cup milk or coconut milk
50 g jaggery
3 t rice1 green cara dmom (powder)
heat the pan fry the mong dal without oil.
- fry the rice little and crush like rav
- crush cardamom seeds.
- add water and jaggery in a sauce pan and bring to boil to make syrup of jaggery and water.
- mix crushed rice and fried whole green moog dal .Boil the dal and rice in water till it is tenter.
- add the jaggery syrup and bring to boil. few minutes,and simmer on slow fire for few minutes wiyh frequent stirring mash the rice and dal while stirring.
- when it is creamy consistency add crushed green caramom seeds,
- cook the mixure become creamy.
- cool it and add the milk and cashewnuts and raisins.
Sprouted mungdal pulao
g100 sprouted mung dal or(fried raw whole moong dal 20 g )
2 small onion
100 g rice
1/4 t cumin seeds
1 black cardamom,clove,and 1 small stick cinnamon
1 bay leaves small
salt to taste
2 t ghee
water double the amount for rice by volume
clean,wash and soak the rice in a water for20- 30 minute
- peel and grate the carrots.
- heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan,add cumin seeds,clove,cinnamon,black cardamom,and bay leaves,fry for few minutes,add the onion fry till the onion is light brown in colour.
- drain the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- add measured amound of water and salt.bring to boil.add the sprouted moongdal,and carrots when the rice starts boiling.
- reduce the heat and cook covered till the rice is done and the water dries up.
- serve hot .
Moong dal halva
100 g moongdal (yellow)
25 g sujji(rava)
50 g khoa
100 g suger
5 t ghee
water 100 mg
1 creen cardamom
clean wash and soak the dal over night
- grind the dal to a fine paste
- heat little ghee fry all the nuts littly.
- dissolve suger in water ,bring to a boil and keep aside
- heat the ghee ,fry the dal paste and suji over slow fire to a golden brown.
- add khoa and fry for a few minutes
- when add the sugar syrup and continue cooking till it thickens.and all the moisture dries up.
- garnish wth the fried nutes.and serve hot
GREEN GRAM KHICHURI.Ingredients
1 cup cup green gram
1 cup basmati rice
1 t ginger and garlic paste
1 green cardamom,1 stick cinnamom,1 cloves(make a paste)
3 t ghee
1 bay leaves
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/2 t coriander powder
1/2 t red chilli powder.
2 t sugar
potatoes(peel and cut in to quaters)
250 g cauliflower(cut only flower)
salt to taste
water 6-8 cup
- In a pan ,roast green gram on medium heat till golden brown .stirring constantly,remove and wash.
- Heat ghee in a pan ,add cumin seeds,and bay leaves.stir for few minutes.add onion and fry little golden brown
- Add ginger and garlic paste.stir for few minutes.add chopped cauliflower,potatoes .fry for few minutes,the vegetable get tenter add the gramdal and rice.
- Add all masala(turmeric powder,coriander powder,red chilli powder,suger,)
- (Crushed cardamoms,cinnamons,and cloves,make paste adding a litte water.)
- Add this cardamons paste.
- Add 2 t ghee and salt.
- Mix well stir for few minutes.
- Put all this mixer in to the cooker .add water
- Close cooker.bring to full pressure on high heat .get one whistling.
- Reduce heat and cook for four minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat. allow to cool and serve hot
Moong dal poli or parathas
100 g moong dal
2- 4 t ghee
20 g suji
100 g jaggery
2 green cardamom5 cashewnuts
100 g maida
water enough to make a soft dough
a pinch of salt
a pinch of turmaric powder
1/4 cup coconut powder.
dry flour or rice powder for rolling
2-3 t fat or til oil
Add salt,turmaric powder,and fat in to the maida.
- make a dough with flour and water.
- keep the dough covered for about half an hour.knead the dough well for a few minutes.
Make a moong dal filling.
- roast dal and suji.
- and wash and soak the dal 1/2 hour .
- cook the dal in a pressure cooker .at 10- 15 minutes.
- take and cool the dal grind the dal to a fine paste,
- dissole jaggery in water ,bring to boil and keep aside.
- heat ghee fry nuts and take out, and grind it rava contancey.
- heat the ghee and fry the dal paste and add suji over slow fire to golden brown colour
- add the cashewnuts powder and green cardamom powder.mix well.
- add the jaggery syrup and cook till the all the moisture dries up .
- add the coconut powder .mix well.
- keep in the freeige for 1/2 - 1 hour
- take it out and make a roll each ball in to a small round .
- use this round moongdal balls in paratha,poli,or suyam.
Make a poli
- Divide the dough in to lime size balls and moongdal mixture in to the parts.
- Roll each ball in to a small round.place a portion of moongdal in the centre.fold the dough over to cover filling and reshape in to a ball.roll again in to a round paratha using dry flour
- .Alternatelt divide the dough in to balls ,roll them in to small round put 1/3 of the moongdal ball on one of the round and cover with the second round..
- Press lightly and seal the edges well and roll in to parathas.cook using ghee as for parathas.
Make a sukiyan
50 g maida
water to make a batter
a of pinch soda
1- 3 t rice flour(optional)salt to taste'
Make a thick batter of maida mixed with all ingrediens,soda,salt,rice flour and water.rice flour if added will make the sukijan crispier.
- Heat oil in a karahi and take the moong dal balls.dip in the batter and deep fry ,
Moong dal laddu
1 cup moong dal
1/ 2 t red chlli powder
1/2 t garam masala
2 t mint chutney
2 t turmarind chutney
1/4 t chat masala
salt to taste
few corionder leaves
water to soak the dal
SOAK THE DAL OVER NIGHT .
DRAIN EXCESS WATER AND GRIND TO A FINE PASTE
- Add salt,redchilli powder,garammasala powder,mix well,
- Make a small ball and deep fry in oil till golen brown in colour,keep the balls in a plate,
- Garnish with mint chutney,turmarind chuteny,chatt masala,and coriander leaves,
Moong dal Mohan laddu- 2
500 g moong dal
500 g powdered suger
250 g ghee
1/2 cup of milk
a little saffron
3 -4 greencardamom
- Heat a pan fry the moong dal little brown.
- Cool and put in mixer. powdered the moong da.l
- Soak the saffron in the 1/2 cup milk.
- Fry the almonds and raisins in little ghee keep side.
- Powdered the green cardamom.
- Heat ghee in a karahi put the moog dal powder stir it reddish brown.
- Than add the saffron mixed with milk.
- Stir and add the powdered sugar,almonds,raisins,and green cardamom powder.
- Keep on stirring anothor 10 - 12 minutes till the moong dal liaves the sides of the karahi
- Remove from the fire and make in to round balls.
- If you want coconuts taste. rool the ball in the coconut powder.coat with coconut powder.