these thin round which are filling with varies filling,it is good breakfast preparation this pancake filled vegetable, minced meat, chichen, ham, sauages,panneer,scrambled egg,cheese,mushroom,jams,khoa,coconuts,some try frouts,honey,chopped fineapple,.are the filling.
- mix all the ingredients(milk,maida,egg,salt)well and whisk with the egg beater till the batter is smooth and free of lumps.avoid over beating.
- allow the batter to stand in a cool place fot 1/2 hour.it helps the flour to absorb water and swell up and thicken the batter.
- the non stick or frying pan shoud neither be cold the pancake will stick to the pan .nor very hot it will burn while pouring the batter in to it.
- avoid over greasing the pan so as to facilitate even spreading of the batter.
1 cup maida
3 t fat
1-1/3 cup of milk
salt to taste
- Sift the flour along with salt in to a bowl
- make a well in the centre of the flour and break the egg in to it.
- gradually add milk ,mix and beat throughly till the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- allow the batter to stand in a cool place for about half an hour gine final whisk before using.
- heat a little fat in a frying pan (non-stick)to smoking point.
- pour a ladleful of batter in the pan to cover the bottom thinly.till the pan while pouring so that the batter speads evenly all over the bottom of the pan .
- cook on one side till it is set and light brown in colour. toss or turn and cook on the other side. fry all the pancakes in a similar manner.
FOR FILLING PANCAKES ,PUT HOT FILLING TO THE PANCAKES.KEEP IN A HOT DISH AND KEEP WARM IN A SLOW OVEN.
For a variation in the basic batter you may add a tablespoon of greated cheese and apinch of powdered mustard for a cheese pancake.
if you choose to use cheese for the filling ,try a corn pancake with the addition of a tablesspoon of tender whole -corn to the batter.
for the filling a chicken and mushroom mix proves delicious A cup of cooked chicken and half a cup of chopped boiled mushrooms ,sauted with onions and ,deseeded capsicums
I GIVE THE SAMOSA FILLING ALSO USE THAT PANCAKE FILLING .PREPARE ONE PANCAKE .COVER ONE PANCAKE WITH SOME OF THE FILLING AND PLACE THE SECOND PANCAKE OVER IT PANCAKE .
MINCED MUTTON PANCAKE
200 Minced mutton or keema
1 Tbutter or oil
salt and papper powder to taste
- finely chop onion and ginger.
- heat butter in a pan and fry the chopped onion ,ginger,and garlic in a minute
- add keema and seasoning and fry till the water evaporate.
- add little water and cook on slow fire till keema is cooked and dry'
- prepare the pancake and place on a warm serving dish.cover one pancake with some of the filling and place the second pancake over it again put some filling and top with third pancake .garnish with sliced tomatoes.
100 g carrot
1T butter or oil
1/2 tomato suace
salt and red chilli powder to taste
- cut potatoes,cauliflower in to small pieces and carrets in to thinly long shreds.
- heat butter in a panadd vegetables and seasoning cover and cook over slow fire.
- add tamoto sauce when done
- prepare the pancake and place on a warm serving dish.coverone pancake with some of the vegetable filling and cover with second pancake. again put the filling and cover with third pancake .garnish with sliced tomatoes'
KHOE AND COCONUT PANCAKE.
100 G khoa
50 coconut powder
cardmom powder 1/2 t
- grate khoa mix all the ingredients and fry lightly in a karahi
- perpar pancake spead with the filling and roll each pancake separately.