300 g fresh Spinach
1 cup Moong dal
1 -2 tomato
2 -3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 small piece ginger ( crushed)
1 red chili powder
1/2 turmeric powder
1/2 t coriander powder
1/4 t roasted cumin powder
1 /4 t cumin seeds
1 lemon juice
2 t oil
1 t sugar
Salt to taste
- Wash Moong Dal and add water and (1 cup dal -3 cup water)cook in a pressure cook for 5 minutes or 3 whistles.
- clean the spinach and chop finely
- crushed the ginger and garlic,chop the tomatoes very small piece
- heat pan in oil and add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add crushed garlic and ginger, chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes well.
- add red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and suger , salt and choped spinach fry and cook for few minutes and add the cooked moong dal and add little water ,bring to boil for few minutes.
- keep on simmer add some water cook for 5-7 minutes till the spinach cook tender and the dal get thick.srinkle the roasted jeera powder ,cool it, add lemon juice or coconut milk,stir well.
- serve with rice or roti.