25 g dry ginger(sukku in tamil,saunth in hindi)
25 g seetarathai
4-5 tsp ajwain(omum)
4-5 tsp jeera
2-3 tsp poppyy seeds(khas-khas)
2-3 tsp saunf
2 tsp g pepper
1 big pices of ginger or 1/4 cup ginger juice
2 tsp long pepper (kandan thipli)
2 tsp g rice tybe long pepper(Aresi thipli)
1/4 t turmeric power or turmeric root(verali manjal)
25 g ghee
25 g til oil
1 -2 cup jaggry (250 g to 400 g )
50 g honey
1/4 cup mosambi juice or lime juice
Clean and sundry all the herbs
- Dry the all above ingredients separately and fry them separately (without any oil)until it get dark brown.
- Grind all herbs well in a blender or on a stone till very fine smooth powder.
- wash and extract the ginger juice by grinding it with little water.
- extract lime juice or mosambi juice
- Take the ginger juice and mosambi juice add this juices to jaggery and keep on slow fire,when the jaggery dissolves add little water and filter to remove the dust and heat again ,ginger juice,mosambi juice and jaggery to a syrup of one thread consistency (do not add water) simmer the fire.when a thick syrup is got .
- Simmer the fire add the herbs powder to syrup and stir well cook for few minutes and add ghee and til oil and cook with constant stirring till the lahiyam thicken and starts leaving the sides of karahi and when the mixture is noon sticky remove from fire. add honey and mix well.
- let it cool and mix well store dry container or store air tight bottle or jar
- This lahiyam is very good for digestion and very good appatiser and also use for Delivered Mother .
DEEPAVALI LEGIYAM -2
50 g dry ginger
2-3 tsp ajwain (omam)3 sticks cinnamon
2-3 tsp poppya seeds
2 tsp saunf
1-2 tsp pepper
1-2 tsp jeera
50 g fresh Ginger
2 big tomato
3-4 tsp ghee
2 tsp til oil(Gingelly oil)
200-300 g jaggery
- Wash ginger,tomato,lime and extract the ginger juice,tomato juice,and lime juice and keep aside.
- Dry all the dry ingredients separately and fry them with out oil in a karahi until it get dark brown.
- Make a smooth powder and keep aside
- heat a pan add the ginger juice,lime juice,tomato juice to jaggery and keep on slow fire,when the jaggery dissolves and keep on slow fire when the syrup get thick ,add and sprinkle the lahiyam powder,stir well and add ghee and gingelly oil.
- When the mixture get thick and it non sticky remove from fire .
- Add Honey and mix well .let it cool and store in a container.
DEEPAVALI LEGIYAM-3 (Simple method)
2 -3 tsp pepper
2-3 tsp jeera
2-3 tsp coriander seeds
1/4 cup ajwain(omam,thyme)
5-8 stick long pepper
1 small piece dry ginger or 1/2 cup ginger juice
2-3 green cardamom
1/4 cup cup ghee
100 g jaggery
3-4 tsp honey
- Smash the dry ginger or make powdered the dry ginger and powdered the jaggery.
- soak all the ingredients(pepper,long pepper,coriander seeds,jeera,omum,green cardamom.dry ginger) in a little water for 5 - 10 minutes
- add ginger juice and grind very smooth paste and add 1/2 cup water
- Take this mixture heat in a karahi or pan bring to boil and simmer the fire stir well cook on slow fire stirring continuously when the mixture get thick add the jaggery powder,stir well and add the ghee stirring continuously when the lehiyam leaves the sides ,remove from fire and add the honey
- store in a bottle or container .