2 big round brinjal
1/2 piece bay leaves
1 t red chilli powder
11/4 t coriander powder
few coriander leaves
1/4 t garam masala
a pinch of turmeric powder
1/4 t muster seeds
- Peel brinjal skin and cut in to small cubes.
- chop onion and 2 tomatoes finely.
- blanch 2 tomato and reduce in to puree.
- heat 1 t oil in a pan and add bay leaves and cloves and chop cubed brinjal fry the brinjal till the brinjal get golden brown colour.remove from fire
- cook the brinjal in a pressure cooker for 3-5 minutes.(one whistle.)
- cool and open the lid and remove the bay leaves and cloves and mash the brinjal very well
- heat 1 t ghee in a pan ,add mustard seeds when they start cracking ,add onion fry for few minutes till the onion get brown in colour add the chopped tomatoes fer few minutes add red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and garam masala powder fry for few minutes add 2-t water and tomato puree cook few minutes the oil separate add the mashed brinjal add some little water cook the brinjal 5 minutes in simmer the brinjal get thick
- serve hot garnish with coriander leaves and chopped onions with roti or rice.