20 g basmati rice
water double amount for rice by volume
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2-3 t sugar
2 green cardamom
1 t fresh ghee or butter
- Heat a karahi and fry the rice lightly.
- pick and wash and soak the rice in 1 cup of water for half an hour
- soak the saffron in 1 t little milk .keep aside.
- boil the rice in the same water till the rice very well cook till in tender.if requier add water.
- add milk and simmer on slow fire for 15 - 20 minutes on slow fire with frequent stirring .mash the rice while stirring.
- when it is of creamy consistency ,add sugar and stir till it is dissolved
- cook so the the mixture become creamy again
- remove from fire add the crushed green cardamom seeds and add the saffron and ghee or butter.
- serve hot or cold garnish with dry nutes.