100 g Besan (Chick pea flour)
1 cup curds
1/4 t turmeric powder
a pinch of hing(asafoetide)
1/2 t jeera
1/2 t coriander seeds
3 whole red chilli
few curry leaves
2 -3 onion
50 g spinach or methi leaves
1/4 t red chilli powder
1/4 t garam masala powder
salt to taste
MAKE A PAKORAS
- Pick ,wash and chop the methi or spinach leaves
- Chop onions very fine pieces
- Make a thick batter of besan (50 g besan) add the chop ed leaves,chopped onion,redchilli powder,garam masala powder and salt .make a thick batter .beat well
- Heat oil in a karahi ,fry a spoonful of the batter in a hot oil make a small pakodas.
- Make all pakoras drain on a brown paper and keep aside.
make a kadhi
- Beat the curd .add besan(50 g )turmeric powder,salt and water and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan add hing fry few minutes and add whole red chilli,cumin seeds,coriander and methi seeds, fry for few minutes and add curry leaves and chili powder and stir add the besan batter and 1 cup water bring to boil the batter and cook the mixture with constant stirring till it starts boiling.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking with occasional stirring for 15 -20 minutes.
- Now add the fry ed pokoras and cook for few minutes in simmer fire .remove from fire.
- Serve hot garnish with coriander leaves with rice.