10 g a lime size tamarind
5-6 baby onion
1 small onion
6-10 garlic clove
2 green chilli whole
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/2 t red chilli powder
1 1/2 coriander powder
1/4 t mustard seeds
1/4 t urad dal
a ping of asafoetide
1/4 t fenugreek seeds
1/4 t saunf
4-5 pepper corn
salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water.Extract tamarind juice 2 cup of water.Add salt keep aside
- chop tomato,and small onion .
- peel the baby onion,and garlic skin .keep aside
- grind termeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,pepper corn,jeera,sounf,one onion,2 garlic to a paste.
- add in to the tamarind juice , ground masala paste,salt,chopped tomato,2 green chilli,and salt.
- heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds ,when they start crackling add urad dal,asafoetide,fenugreek seeds,whole garlic cloves and baby onion,few chop onion fry for few minutes.
- now add the tamarind juice masala mixer .bring to boil for 5 minutes till the onion,and garlic cooked .
- To slightly below the boiling point add the break the egg in cravey taking care not to disturb the yoke.
- led the egg cooked in a simmer fire till the white is coagulated and yolk is firm ,the gravey get thic and the oil come up.remove and serve
- Serve with rice or roti