1 kg chicken
5-8 red chilli whole
1/4 cup coriander seeds
1/2 t turmeric powder
1/2 t pepper corn
1 t jeera
1 t saunf
6-18 baby small onion
2-3 green chiil whole
3- green cardamon
1 bay leaves
3 t khas-khas
few curry leaves and coriander leaves
1 cup fresh coconuts
1-2 t curd
1 small piece of ginger
5-8 garlic cloves
2-3 t oil
- Clean and wash the chicken and cut in to pieces
- Chop or grind onion
- Chop the tomatoes or blanched and slightly cut center in the green chilli,
- Grind turmeric powder,pepper corn,1/2 t jeera.1/4 t saunf,3-4 baby onion,4 carlic cloves,ginger 1 cinnamon together to a fine paste
- Grind the red chilli and coriander to a fine paste
- Grind coconuts,khas khas,and cashwnuts to a fine paste
- Heat fat in a thick bottom pan ,add 1 cinnamon ,2 green cardamon,,bay leaves,1/4 t saunf,cloves,curd and onion paste fry till the onion get brown in colour and add the green chilli,chopped tomatoes fry few minutes and add curry leaves and add chicken cook for few minutes and add the turmeric paste ,cook for 5 minutes .
- And add the red chilli ,coriander paste ,stir cook for few minutes add little water cook for few minutes ,fry till the masala is done and fat separates out add sufficient water cook 5 - 10 minutes to make the gravy and cook over slow heat till done and a thick gravy is formed .
- Now add the coconuts paste and simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves. and a pinch of garam masala.