1 cup Black channa dal
200 g small young brinjals
2 small tomatoes
3-4 garlic cloves
1/2 t red chilli powder
1 1/2 t coriander powder
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/4 t jeera
1 lime size tamarind
1/4 t saunf
3-4 pepper corn
4-5 baby small onion
2 green chilli whole
few curry leaves,coriander leaves
2 t til oil
1 small bay leaves
Few curry leaves and coriander leaves,
1/4 T fresh coconuts paste or 1/4 cup coconut milk
salt to taste
- Pick and wash the Channa .Soak overnight in water.
- Chop brinjals and , drumsticks and tomatoes small pieces.
- Add about 2-3 cup water and 1/4 t salt to the soaked channa and pressure cook in the same water for 30 minutes .use the water in which Channa's were soaked.
- grind turmeric powder,jeera,saunf,peppercorn,2 baby onion,2 garlic and 1 green chilli to a fine paste.
- soak tamarind in 1/2 cup of water and Extract the tamarind juice 1n 1 cup .And keep side.
- open the pressure cooker .Heat a heavy bottom pan add the cooked Channa dal with water (in which Channa's were boiled)and 1 cup of water to bring to boil for few minutes add the turmeric paste and chopped brinjal,drum stick,tomatoes,1 green chilli whole,chopped onion bring to boil for 5 minutes till the vegetable cooked and add redchilli powder,coriander powder and salt cook for another few minutes when the Aroma comes . .Add tamarind juice cook for 3-5 minute when the gravy get thick..
- Heat a oil in a pan add 1 cinnamon stick,saunf ,bay leaves fry for few minutes and add the chopped baby onion fry till the onion get brown in colour add curry leaves .add the coconuts milk or coconut paste keep simmer for few minutes .
- serve hot with rice