URAD DAL VADA
2 cups black gram dal(urad dal)
3-4 green chilli
1 small piece ginger
10- 15 small baby onion
1/2 t pepper corns
few curry leaves
3-4 t t sujii (rava)
2-3 t rice powder
salt to taste
a pinch of hing (asafoedite)
oil for frying
- Soak the dal 10 -15 minutes.Drain the water and keep another 20 minutes.
- (soak on the dal for long time it take more oil and not puffed well.)
- Chopped the onion (very small piece),,green chilli,and ginger
- First put the ,green chilli,ginger and hing grind few minutes and add the soaked dal grind without water. for 5 minutes and add the pepper corns and salt grind for few minutes to a fine paste, at the end add the rava and rice powder .mix well in the hand .
- And add chopped onion and curry leaves mix well
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Take a 1 cup of water in a small bowl.keep aside
- Tip your right hand in to the water and wet the hand and take a hand full of batter .Shape a round shape vada with a hole in the middle(make a hole ,take in the four finger and make hole in the thump finger .) and gently drop in oil.fry till it is golden brown in colour.
- (OR take small polythene sheet or banana leaves wet the sheet and take a hand full of batter ,shape in to vada with a hole in the middle . and gently drop in oil.Drop the vada , gently in the corner of the kadai.at the time you fry one or two vadas . Fry till it is golden brown in colour on both side.
- serve hot with chutney and sambar.