- Spread a neatly ironed table cloth on the table and place the mats as per the number of guests and chair that can fit around the table.
- Place mats touching the edge of the table.
- Cutlery and crockery are sparking clean and the table cloth,mats and napkins are neatly washed starched and ironed.
- Place the full plate in the centre of the mat 1'' away from the edge of the table.
- Place quarter plate on the left side of the full plate such that it is half on the mat and half off the mat 1'' away from the edge of the table.
- Place a knife on the right side of the full plate with cutting edge towards the plate and fork on the left side.
- Place table spoon and then soup spoon next to the knife on the right side.
- Place a neatly folded napkin on the quarter plate.
- Place the coffee spoon and dessert spoon above the full plate.
- Place a glass of water above the tip of knife.
- Keep katoris ,cups on the left side above the fork.
- Soup bowl on a soup plate is usually placed on the full plate as the first course of the meal.
- Place the prepared dishes in the centre of the table with suitable serving cutlery.
- Place a low flower arrangement in the centre of the table.