2 kg potatoes
1 liter water
1 t salt
1/8 t potassium meta-bi-sulphate
- Wash the potatoes,peel the skin and cut in to circular pieces of about 2-3 mm thickness
- prepare solution of cold water containing salt and potassium metabisulphate
- Blanch the potatoes pieces by dipping in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the potato pieces from boiling water to cold water solution and allow to stand for 8-10 minutes
- Drain the potato pieces on a stainless steel sieve.
- Arrange the pieces in a tray or polythene sheet,cover with thin muslin cloth and dry in the sun for 2-3 days ,till completely dry
- store in a airtight containers.
similarly you use other vegetable turnips,cauliflower,ladies fingers,Bitter gourd