1 cup mango pulp
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1tsp citric acid
1/4 tsp potassium -meta-bi-sulphate (kMS)
6-7 drops mango essence
4-5 drops orange or red colour
- Wash and dry the mango
- Crush the mango pulp in mixer
- Sieve though musin cloth
- Boil sugar and water together.Than add citric acid.
- (take sugar,water and citric acid in a pan and give it a boil so that sugar is completely dissolved) stir continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and strain through a mushin cloth and cool it
- Add the mango pulp slowly and slowly and stir continuously to mix thoroughly.and add the essence and colour.
- Dissolve the chemical preservative(KMS) in a little water and mix in to the prepared squash.
- Pour in sterilized bottle ,leaving 1''space on top.close the cap and seal by dipping inverted in hot melted wax
- Store in a sterilized bottles and keep in a cool place.
THE PROPORTION OF INGREDIENTS IN THE PREPARATION OF SQUASHES
1kg mango pulp or mango juice
1 1/2 kg sugar
Citric acid 30 gm
1/2 t KMS (Potassium -meta-bi-sulphate)
colours and essence few drops