500 g chicken
3-5 garlic cloves
1 small piece of ginger
2-3 t red chilli powder
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/2 t cumin seeds powder
1/4 ajwain powder(omam powder)
salt to taste
red colour or a pinch of kasari powder
100 g curd
1 t lemon juice
1/2 t garam masala or pepper powder
1 small onion ring
ginger 1 small piece
3-4 t tomato puree
1 t sugar
1/2 t garam masala
2 t cream
3 t butter
salt to taste
2 green cardamom
few coriander leaves
2 small green chilli s slit
1 t ginger juice
Make deep cut over the chicken guater.
Take small bowl make a paste of salt,turmeric powder chilli powder and 1-2 t water and apply over chicken.
- Grind the garlic and ginger paste .
- Add red chilli powder ,turmeric powder,cumin seeds powder,,ajwain powder,,salt,lemon juice,red colour.mix with the garlic ginger paste ,add to the chicken and add the curd.
- Mix well and marinate the chicken for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken in the mixer and roast in a tandoor or hot over till half done .
- if you have not tandoor or oven .fry the marinate chicken in a oil .
- take out for 5-10 minutes to remove the extra moisture.
- sprinkle garam masala and keep aside
- Grind onion and ginger to paste
- Blanch tomatoes and reduce to a puree and strain.
- Crush the green cardamom to a fine powder.
- Heat ghee or butter in a karahi and add the green cardamom ,powder.Immediately add the Onion and ginger paste and fry for golden brown
- Add the prepared puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- and then add the ready made tomato puree ,pepper powder,sugar,cream ,redchilli powder and salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes.and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Before serving add the roasted chicken pieces to prepared gravy and add little water [f required and cook covered for slow flame for 15 to 20 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
- Pour in a bowl garnish with cream or butter and slite green chilli ,ginger juice and coriander leaves.
- serve hot with rodi or chapaties