500 g channa dal
salt to taste
1/2 t red chilli powder
a pinch of garam masala.
3 t of soda
1/4 t coriander powder
1/4t cumin powder
1/4 t mango powder
a pinch of chaat masala.
oil or ghee for frying
- Pick,clean and wash the channa dal.
- Soak the Dal in water to which soda bicarbonate has been added .
- (use about 2 tsp soda to one cup of dry channa dal.)
- Soak for 1/2 hour.changing water every 10 hours to prevent fermentation.
- Then drain all the water.
- Dry with a dry cloths.
- Spread out under fan for an hour to dry extra moisture.
- The Dal should be completely dry.
- Take deep fring pan fry the Dal in hot oil on medium heat.fry all the dal till almost crisp.
- Drain and remove surplus oil.
- And than speread on the paper.when cool. all oil would be absorbed by the paper.
- Mix all the masala salt,garam masala,red chilli powder,cumin powder,mango powder,mix well.And serve.
or if you use salt ,red chill powder,and fryed curry leaves.and pinch of chat masala.
Store in a in a clean airtight bottle and use as required this Dal use at 2 -3 week.