- Dal Makhani
1 cup black urad dal(black gram whole,urad sabut)
salt to taste
1/4 t turmeric powder
1/2 t red chilli powder
1'' small piece of ginger
2-3 garlic cloves
2 small tomatos
2 small green chilli
20 -30 g g butter
2 t ghee
3-4 t gream
1 pinch of garam masala
Pick and wash the dal soak the urad dal for 6-7 hours or over night.(it best soak over night)
- Chopped finly onion,tomatos,ginger,garlic and green chilli.
- (Add 7 time more water .use the water in which dal has been soaked)
- Add water,Soaked urad dal,salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,chopped ginger,garlic and one chopped onion pieces in a pressure cooker and cook for half an hour. (10- 20 whistle)
- Heat ghee ,fry chopped onion till golden brown and take out.
- Add chopped tomato,green chilli fry for few minutes.
- Grind it(onion,tomato,green chilli) and make a past.
- Add this paste to cooked dal and check the consistency and adjust if necessary by adding water if require add boiling water and let simmer for anther 10 minutes add the butter .stir.frequently. till the water evaporate dal is thick and creamy.and well mixed.
- Cream is add in the end when the dal is slightly cool.
- serve hot with cream.spinkled with a pinch of garam masala.