100 g Arhar dal
1 drum stick
2-3 small brijal
2-3 ladies finger
few piece of white pumkin
1 carrot,2-3 beans
25 g colocasia or bottle gourd (lauki)
2-3 small onion
30 g Tamarind
salt to taste
few curry leaves and coriander leaves
1/4 t turmeric powder
For masala paste
2 t coriander seeds
3-4 red chilli round (whole)
1/2 t Fengreek seeds
1 t urad dal
1 t channa dal
1/4 t rice
3 t fresh coconut
2-3 pepper corns
1/4 t asafoetide
SALT 1/4 t
- Heat 1 t oil and roast first rice , coriander seeds,fenugreek seeds,whole red chilli,urad dal,channa dal,,pepper,and with coconut,add salt and a pinch of asafoetide.roast a little .
- Grind above masala with little water.grind fine masala paste.
- Soak the tamarind in 1/2 cup of water and extract the tamarind juice.
- Pick and wash the arhar dal and add salt,turmeric powder,and a pinch of hing and cook with 5-6 time more water .till the dal soft.
- Wash and cut all the vegetables
- Slice the onion
- Chopped the tomatoes
- Saute all the vegetable in 1/2 t oil.fry onion brown in colour,add the tamarind juice and salt and pinch of turmeric powder, and 1/2 cup water bring to boil the vegetable for few minutes and add the coconut masala paste and add little water cook for some time
- Add to the cooked vegetable in to the dal and bring to boiled,
- Continue cooking the vegetable cooked adjust consistency .bring to boil .Simmer for another 5 minutes and remove
- heat remaining oil add the mustard seed,when they crackling add asafoetide,1 broken red chilli,curry leaves.stir and pour over the cooked sambar.
- garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- serve hot